The Business Development Representative (BDR) is responsible for researching prospective clients, creating outreach strategies, and identifying sales opportunities. The BDR seeks out and builds new business for Nikan Digital as part of our HubSpot Partner Program Growth Initiative. Using strong consultative selling skills, you will balance contacting warm leads and driving self-sourced leads for your pipeline.
The Day to Day
- Position the value of HubSpot’s software and the Inbound methodology to small and medium-sized businesses
- Educate and guide prospects through the buyer’s journey to help them learn how HubSpot can grow their business
- Manage a pipeline of inbound and self-sourced leads to identify, engage, and develop relationships with potential buyers
- Dissect and qualify prospects’ business goals to determine if HubSpot can be a strategic investment for their business’ growth
- Close business with new and existing customers at or above quota level
- Review, research, and qualify new leads. This includes conducting high volume prospecting (60-100 activities per day) to qualify leads through calls, emails, and social media.
- Leverage online tools and systems such as HubSpot CRM, LinkedIn, and Google to enrich data so we have a more well-rounded view of a prospective client.
- Schedule a HubSpot Demo with HubSpot Channel Manager to further assess a prospect’s business and potential for partnership with Nikan Digital.
- Conduct needs qualification calls with specific prospects as assigned.
- Report on, meet, and exceed weekly sales activity goals and monthly opportunity quotas.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Education Requirments:
- A track record of high achievement (quota).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous marketing experience OR a self-driven marketing education through books, blogs, podcasts, etc.
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment with peers who will challenge you to be better.
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals.
- The technical aptitude to master our sales tools—Experience with HubSpot is a plus.
- Experience working remotely in similar roles is strongly preferred