As an Executive Assistant, you will interact daily with the organization at all levels as well as with external partners. The ideal candidate for this role will be a self-starter who has excellent interpersonal skills, a keen attention to detail, an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities, a commitment to equity and social justice, and a solid background in providing executive-level support. To be successful in this role, you should be proactive, able to meet deadlines and communicate effectively, be well-organized, have great time management skills and be able to act without guidance.
The Day to Day
- Has a strong background of professional level support to a Director or other similar senior-level executive, the ability to maintain confidentiality, and good judgment in making independent decisions with a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Has a demonstrated ability to work with all types of people, maintain a positive attitude, and be committed to equity and social justice.
- Is proactive and able to coordinate a high volume of diverse assignments. Can handle multiple competing priorities and maintain attention to detail.
- Has strong editing, writing, presentation, and communication skills.
- Can be flexible and adapt as required, while working in a multi-faceted and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Possesses strong ability to navigate through potentially conflicting stakeholder perspectives.
- Is proficient and comfortable with the use of office productivity software in their daily work, specifically Microsoft Office and SharePoint.
- Has a genuine collaborative style in their approach to their work, with an understanding of the importance in building effective relationships with customers, team members, and other staff.
Experience and Education Requirments:
- Experience in the public sector, healthcare systems or community social services
- Associate's Degree or higher in Human Resources, Business Administration, Public Administration, or closely related field